EnterMode project Work package by Work package: WP2 PREPARATION
WP2 was led by the University of Ioannina, Greece (https://www.uoi.gr). The first output of the EnterMode project was a Background Study on entrepreneurial education and internships in Higher Education (HE) in partners’ countries. The background study was elaborated through a combination of desk research, interviews and surveys, carried out in Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy and Slovakia and resulting in the development of five national reports. An executive summary contains key recommendations which will influence the development of an internship model for the acquisition of entrepreneurial skills and competences by higher education students.
The study analyses the context in the partners’ countries with regards to the following issues:
- Entrepreneurial education in HE in partners’ countries for students of non-business studies
- HE framework for internships in partner countries
- Views of stakeholders (students, HEI staff and companies) on required characteristics of internship programmes
- Views of internships stakeholders (HEI staff and companies) on needed entrepreneurial competences
- Views of internships stakeholders (students, HEI staff and companies) on gamification as a learning tool for entrepreneurial education
The Workshop for HEIs teachers and companies’ trainers has been held in June 2019. During the workshop, the findings of the study were presented and discussed, there was an exchange of good practices and the partners agreed on the methodology to adopt for the internship model. The mobility included a study visit in the LMU, where the partners got an insight on entrepreneurial education and organisation of internships in LMU.
All WP2 activities contributed to the further successful implementation of the EnterMode project.